Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

leviwhite9 t1_iwry5bp wrote

Goddamn electric hobs are the worst thing to happen to kitchens since I don't know what.

ConfusedNegi t1_iws00qt wrote

I imagine induction would be significantly better but I prefer gas as well. I only wish powerful vent hoods were the standard instead of the exception. Who thought a puny microwave venting right back into the kitchen was a good idea?

leviwhite9 t1_iwsjost wrote

Brother! Another legitimate home cook!

You're right tbf, I've not yet had any time with an induction top.... Perhaps I should get a splitter for the stove and get a desktop induction..... Then I'd need even more different pans though......

The vent shit should be illegal straight up no stops. I generally don't even run mine in favor of making a draft through the house and out the nearest point. I can choke out a horse in a matter of minutes depending on what I'm making. Ridic.

Askefyr t1_iwuvotv wrote

Induction is better in some regards, worse in others. Because it used magnets, it's hella fast - but it still cycles like an electric stovetop. However, the hob needs the cookware to heat it, which means it'll turn off the moment you take it off the heat.

ConfusedNegi t1_iwuwr0l wrote

I was under the impression that it cycles faster and can do fractional power instead of just fully on and off. I don't think I'd mind it turning off as long as I don't need to manually switch it back on after putting the pan down again. At some point I'll buy a decent countertop induction burner to give it a thorough try. I only wish they had knobs instead of buttons.

Askefyr t1_iwv33if wrote

I think it might depend on the hob, to be fair. Mine definitely cycled.