Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

javaavril t1_iwu2fg5 wrote

Miele makes the best products for textile care and your clothes will last longer with their machines. That makes it worth it to me.

I only buy Miele for water appliances, laundry/dishwashers, and have sets in both of my homes.

If you're looking for something that is also a heatpump dryer that has less programming options go for a German manufactured Bosch (make sure Germany, not Turkey), however if you do a lot of ironing the steam finish on the Miele may well pay for itself in saved time. And Bosch builds for a ten year use, Miele builds for twenty, so lifetime use is less money over time.

There's an optional 5 year warranty for an additional fee, but anything that goes wrong that isn't user error, will generally be in the first six months. I've never called in a problem and am still under warranty for two machines. Also happy people don't write reviews as frequently as unhappy people, so online is always weighted toward poor performance for any product.

martinkrafft t1_iwv05s0 wrote

Miele doesn't make their own appliances anymore. It's all Chinese, garnished with overpriced customer service promises that they won't keep like they say.

javaavril t1_iwv4ifr wrote

I think you're confusing them with Bosch, which is manufactured globally.

Only the lower end Miele C1 swing, and I think, C2 vacuums are made in China, and Miele owns all their factory's in Europe where their whitegoods are made.