Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

slade797 t1_ixflbm1 wrote

Duluth Trading. My wife bought me a couple of t-shirts recently, and they are thick and well-made.

RecognitionOne395 t1_ixfpcdg wrote

Patagonia Workwear line has one. I bought it and absolutely love it. Will last my lifetime and comes with their "ironclad guarantee" ...

Swimming-District-34 t1_ixfznyc wrote

Lady White tees. They’re a bit pricey, but they’re made in Los Angeles from cotton sourced from NC farms. I’ve bought a few of the 2 packs to make the price a bit more palatable.

The hand feel is crisp and you can tell the quality of the fabric. They’re a little stiff at first, but break in really nicely and feel even better at the end of the day than when you first put it on. Really high quality stuff.

Another point is the stitching on these is next level. I’m not really one for details on things like a tee shirt but once someone mentioned it to me I couldn’t stop noticing the little details that set these shirts apart from most of the mass market stuff.

probably_kitsch t1_ixheks7 wrote

Are you familiar with linen-blends? I had a cotton-linen blend dress that felt like canvas. It was incredible. Turned out, the feeling came from the linen.

badshepard t1_ixhgucg wrote

Carhartt heavy weight T-shirts and long sleeve shirts fit the bill here as well.

PhairPharmer t1_ixhzxmm wrote

Los Angeles Apparel. They have many different "weights" of cotton shirts with different necks. Made in America by people paid fair wages using American cotton. I've been buying their "boxes" of clothes that do not meet their quality standards to save money. It's only been the past couple years but they all have been holding up great.

couldbeyouornot t1_ixi215r wrote

look for hemp t-shirts. they will outlast cotton.

probably_kitsch t1_ixi5tex wrote

Unfortunately, that’s where I’m stuck, too. Linen feels great, but wrinkles. I seem to find blends by “chance” rather than by going to a specific brand or store.

That said…Quince seems to be highly recommended for cashmere, linen, silk options at a reasonable price. Just not sure how “blended” the linen is.

couldbeyouornot t1_ixj28h7 wrote

I LOVE linen. I hang dry and toss it in the dryer with a damp washcloth to kind of give it some love, or if it needs to look nicer I steam it out--but it just wrinkles and holds a wrinkle. it is what it is. it's an awesome fabric. I haven't ordered from quince but that's just because the looser cashmere cuts I like are more expensive there. several of my linen things are from j.crew recently, but i've gotten it from many places and as long as it's a certain gsm, it tends to be pretty universally good if it's 100% linen.

cherlin t1_ixkls5p wrote

Patagonia Fitz Roy line is very substantial, as is their work wear line. Pendelton is also very substantial (though not as thick as the Patagonia stuff).

Kisswoodusa t1_ixs34rk wrote

Comfort colors from Amazon. Heavy weight. Just wash by themselves first

nebojssha t1_iy9vc3j wrote

Just to add, most clothing items longevity depends on how you mantain them. I have some really old t shirts and pants, but I air dry and iron them as a rule.