Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Cithon OP t1_ixjlxo5 wrote

Just checked them out! God they do look nice. Were not kidding about the price though!! Lol

2ndfloorbalcony t1_ixjmhsf wrote

Lol yep! These days local custom leathers are hard to come by, especially done right. If you got the money tho, they age better than any luxury brand!

Cithon OP t1_ixjms2l wrote

Oh I'm sure they do!! I just gotta justify it to myself so I don't have a heart attack when I pay for it lmao

mikeTastic23 t1_ixk50ww wrote

Yeah, Himel Bros is the real deal. Check out some of the video breakdowns on their YouTube channel. David Himel goes through the construction, and history of the garment that is essentially being designed/replicated to high historical accuracy. They also use some of the best leathers in the world, including the sought after and legendary leather of Shinki Hikaku tannery. After all is said and done, the price is more or less justified in my eyes. I’ve just never had the actual money to buy one 😂.

Cithon OP t1_ixk5bj4 wrote

Ohh I'll check it out!! I just want to slim down in weight a bit before I pull the trigger on it lol

mikeTastic23 t1_ixk5oce wrote

That’s essentially where I’m at right now. But I have my eyes set on a jacket from Freewheelers in Japan. But I can’t justify it if I’m not at my goal weight. 45lbs down from the beginning of the year. 40 more to go 🥲.