Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

AutoModerator t1_ixn8lzx wrote

Hello /u/FLhotspur! Thank you for your submission! The AutoMod thought that your post might be a request type post and has changed the flair accordingly, but if this was wrong feel free to change it back!

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

Fondario t1_ixn9s0x wrote

I have not yet bought an oxford from them, but Gitman makes them in America. From Canada, there is Naked and Famous.

retroPencil t1_ixnncj8 wrote

I've had good luck with shirts from Uniqlo. If you wash on gentle and air dry, they will last you until you get fat.

−4

securityboxtc t1_ixns1zo wrote

Brooks Brothers has both non-Chinese-made and specifically American-made Oxfords in their lineup. They'll probably need to be tailored at the bottom, but I've never had an off-the-rack shirt that didn't need at least slight alterations. Add on top of that their maintained emphasis on quality for their staples, and that's all I've got in my closet.

Nearpeace t1_ixotgcu wrote

For quality and bifl I lean towards Lands End and LL Bean. I still have dress shirts from 2004 that look quite professional.

bad-monkey t1_ixr7v35 wrote

Cotton, I dunno--but a good wool shirt is a lifetime purchase and should be easy to find something that is fitting of this sub.

Solvent615 t1_ixvmvyy wrote

Not Uniqlo, I have some of their shirts from 10+ years ago, but the new ones have holes in less then a year.

YumaRalph t1_iy543dj wrote

If you plan on wearing it untucked, I’d go with Untuckit. Others will have longer tails and fronts which can look dumb. I have several and love them.