Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

crackeddryice t1_j0pwfzb wrote

That LCD display was everything at the time. It's hard to overstate how cool it was.

bannedandfurious OP t1_j0pws4n wrote

It even has an alarm!!! Love that watch I wear it at least once per week (I have a small and humble collection).

When I received it the battery leaked and I had it cleaned for the grand sum of 10 Eur. I really hope it will work for another couple of decades.

teilzeit t1_j0q3zkz wrote

Nice watch and all, but how can you endure the time difference between both?! How do you know what the real time is. I would go mad!

bannedandfurious OP t1_j0q4i2u wrote

Simply, most of the time I have set it to date.

Also I don't trust any of my watches too much, because I mostly wear my vintage Omega. And while it looks incredible, there is no guarantee it stopped during the night and shows completely wrong time.

ryennin t1_j0qf8bu wrote

Not bad, only 100,505 miles on her ?

procrastablasta t1_j0rcjjo wrote

Think I had this watch as a kid in the 70’s. This image triggered a fear response from getting my arm hairs plucked out by the band so I think it must be true

CapeManiac t1_j0se9ix wrote

That’s not mid 70s. Its from the 80s.

RokieVetran t1_j0q6gfa wrote

Nice, hope the LCDs on my watches last that long.... Usually they start to fail

Zlivovitch t1_j0xw4v7 wrote

The LCD display is much more sensible than what we often get today : the figures are easy to read, thanks to a nice ratio between height and width and a thin line. Also, the seconds are smaller.

Many contemporary LCD displays are offensively ugly and difficult to read : with exceedingly narrow figures, thick lines and very obvious gaps between sections.

I'm thinking of some measuring instruments (not cheap items, either).