Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Ambinipanini t1_j5bivs8 wrote

Lands End is a good brand and they offer a selection of items made from recycled materials. The clothing is well made and in classic styles. I originally thrifted pieces that went through all 3 of our kids and have since passed along to several other families and the new stuff we’ve bought seems to be just as high quality. I typically don’t buy bright colors (with the exception of childrens swim wear and their hot pink swimsuits were just as bright by the end of the season!) so I can’t attest for longevity of bright dyes on cotton but our black/deep greens/plums/burgundy pieces all look great after years of use. We wash cold and hang to dry (drying rack) but do tumble on low heat sometimes. Occasionally using a fabric shaver to remove pilling and that’s about it. If you have the time and inclination, definitely hit up thrift or consignment stores. I prefer small community support based ones instead of bigger ones like goodwill because in my area they are better for the types of clothing I’m interested in and not as overpriced. We have a large aging population that are clearing out closets and it’s been a treasure trove each time we go.