Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

murph0969 t1_j6fti2o wrote

Also, 1000 down is stupid and not even real unless in absolute humidity free conditions. Marketing again. 800 is realistically the highest backpackers (I've back packed extensively and worked in the outdoor industry) should go, but only to increase packability and decrease weight. None of that matters on your bed. I prefer a heavier feather/down combo for something that stays on my bed.

yippekayaye_7 t1_j6fx3my wrote

Agree, I want weight not fluff.

se_puede t1_j6gt49s wrote

Comforter for fluff, quilt for weight. Like wearing layers for instant temp adjustment!

minequack t1_j6hrdgw wrote

I’ve got a Faribault wool blanket for weight and thermal regulation and a Parachute mattress topper for fluff. Sweet heaven.

lynnm59 t1_j6gtmnn wrote

My weighted blanket was a bit spendy, but was SO worth the money.

CassandraVindicated t1_j6h20qh wrote

Yeah, I'm a lightweight camper and I love my down sleeping bag. Love me a weighted blanket at home though. Two very different kinds of sleep.

Trague_Atreides t1_j6h1n4v wrote

900 is no good?

murph0969 t1_j6h28dg wrote

It's either fake or simply unnecessary for these purposes. In an ultralight backpacking jacket or sleeping bag, it's good, you're just paying way too money for something that is only 2% lighter weight. Go to r/ultralight and search down. More info than you could ever imagine.