Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

emmejm t1_j5q4gqj wrote

For how much weight the frame can hold once constructed. The ones in-store are often cheaper and less sturdy (really low weight limits) than the ones available online only, unless you’re going to a proper furniture store

5spd4wd t1_j5qep0c wrote

I think regular mattress stores have a few different grades of metal mattress supports but I'm not positive. I've been using my since at least 1992.

I know that Home Depot, Walmart, Wayfair, Lowe's, Target, et al do.

I've been using the same traditional style since I don't remember how far back and it's the original adustable type on rollers. I've never seen or heard of any weight issues. They come in adjustable lenths and heights. This type:

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCvJlNgWmdpisH4ze0rR9wXQvPLL2msqROW3p9n4yykwGG8EOlWFDBb98R-kS-ofDbq8jyGKICFJ5eys3I1-bfudMY5rCn-ahAAJI-y5g

emmejm t1_j5qgo6y wrote

It depends on if you’re looking at a standard frame that requires a box spring or a platform style bed.

5spd4wd t1_j5qlr44 wrote

True. My feeling, although I don't have any personal experience, is that a platform bed without a box sping under the mattress would sit too low to be able to get out of comfortably. Especially if a person is heavy, has a bad back, or something like that.

emmejm t1_j5qu2zr wrote

There’s a lot more variety than there used to be with different height options