Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

BSixe t1_j5d4emc wrote

I too have launched a thousand loads

Fryceratops t1_j5d63qi wrote

Yeah Im almost 50. If im not nearing 10k at this point I'd be surprised.

LectroRoot t1_j5eqvpp wrote

You're holding back. I probably past 10k during summer break when I was 13.

WorshipNickOfferman t1_j5e98ne wrote

I’m 46. Been launching loads since I was around 12, so 34 years. 34 * 365 = 12,410, and I guarantee you that more often than not I launched more than one load a day, so I’m probs getting close to 20k.

Medium_Ad_6447 t1_j5gvxpj wrote

3412 @ 34 years old? No it would have to be more like 22365…

BSixe t1_j5d6sf9 wrote

Lol guess our girls are frugal

anthonyiscringe t1_j5ersd1 wrote

How cool it would be if we could see our "Loads Wrapped" like Spotify Wrapped but for our loads.

yrogerg123 t1_j5f5mx2 wrote

I don't want to know. At all. It's more than 10K easily.

Junior_Ad2955 t1_j5d1mgu wrote

My grandmother did. They don’t seem to last like that anymore

geneorama OP t1_j5duvvv wrote

My mom has these and they’re gone now, when my step mom went into assisted living I was so delighted that she had two.

These things are so dang sturdy. And yeah there is nothing like these today that I’ve seen.

kb_klash t1_j5ey3q5 wrote

So.....are we still not doing "phrasing"?

geneorama OP t1_j5f4gro wrote

What that?

kb_klash t1_j5f5clc wrote

geneorama OP t1_j5f7p41 wrote

I was hesitant on the phrasing but I ultimately felt that it’s not a bad way to say it.

Plus deep down I’m a bit of a karma… Well, I like my posts to have meaningless internet points, and I know what Reddit likes.

AbbyFoxe t1_j5kuvdb wrote

Thank you! I’ve seen this come up multiple times on Reddit today and don’t watch Archer 👍

tucrahman t1_j5d3f0c wrote

Damn...this brought back memories. My mom had yellow ones.

mcburloak t1_j5f032d wrote

My oldest brother used to drag me around in a yellow one in the basement. Indoor F1 for young me.

lynxss1 t1_j5dftp2 wrote

I had a big E-Machines cardboard box with built in handles for laundry. Cardboard box lasted 25 years, about 20 years longer than the computer that came inside it. Only got rid of it because new wife thought it was hideous and bought a purpose built laundry basket that promptly fell apart.

geneorama OP t1_j5duq6g wrote

I had a gateway computer box with a tablecloth over it as my dining room table for my first year in an apartment. Much less wear and tear but damn those early computer boxes were amazing.

kinzer13 t1_j5djox0 wrote

I have also launched a thousand loads.

Enjoy this comment before it is removed and I am indefinitely banned.

daern2 t1_j5fl4p7 wrote

Yea, but long, long since retired and replaced with the ultimate washing basket system...

...a stack of IKEA Bags :-)

geneorama OP t1_j5iji90 wrote

I’d love to have a laundry chute again. We had those in one of the houses.

I think IKEA bags would work for dirty laundry but I like the hard sides for folded laundry. You do fold your laundry, right?? lol

tomossos t1_j5dgwpp wrote

I bought a house last April and the previous owner left one of these in the house. I took it outside and washed it and it’s now in use! No cracking or brittle plastic and feels very strong and sturdy.

Edit: the orange one is the one I’m talking about.

Crash_69 t1_j5duehv wrote

I've had plastic baskets in the past, but they never seem to last long.

I had two woven rattan baskets over the last 30 years. Unfortunately, the rattan started breaking and the basket started falling apart last year.

I couldn't find anything similar, so I bought a woven basket made from recycled clothes. It feels very sturdy. It was expensive compared to plastic baskets, but I feel so much better about it.

b-e-e-p-b-e-e-p t1_j5gdxey wrote

Oh yes!!!

I have 2 white ones and a blue one still going strong after 30 years. I use them for moving everything including laundry. (Cracked the bottom of my second blue one 5 years ago....dropped a load of firewood in it LOL).

unaccomplished420 t1_j5gtdvr wrote

I have the green one. It's broken in a few apota so only gets used to store dive gear

aavery7706 t1_j5w9ttb wrote

Oh yes. A shit brown one. Doubles as a kids toy. Is used to sit in it and roll around. Oh how times have changed.

AutoModerator t1_j5d1fja wrote

Hello /u/geneorama! Thank you for your submission! The AutoMod thought that your post might be a request type post and has changed the flair accordingly, but if this was wrong feel free to change it back!

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

Murky_Investment_269 t1_j5dyg12 wrote

Yeah man i have the same one i remember when i was like 4 years old laying in this basket and now I’m still use it i’m 28. (Cant Lay in it anymore lol) I Will make a picture lately of it

Mediocre_Sprinkles t1_j5e2z11 wrote

The red one! Mum still uses it. It's probably 30 years old.

ecksdog t1_j5e7lyb wrote

A good replacement would be a commercial fish basket. They are still built really strong.

AstridCrabapple t1_j5evjcs wrote

My dad’s laundry is in the yellow one right now. Constant use since the early 70s and holding up perfectly.

TheDoonkhan t1_j5f7znx wrote

‘Twere these the baskets that launched a thousand loads and washed the endless laundry of Ilium?

Causerae t1_j5fj7n2 wrote

I have a yellow one I use regularly!

SouthpawFishing t1_j5ghdcd wrote

Psh, your mom takes more loads in a year. Lol jk

dkinoz t1_j5h2lnn wrote

Still got an orange one just like that. It’s at least 40 years old

geneorama OP t1_j5ij40e wrote

This one has to be at least 35, but probably 40 or older.

Nimoy2313 t1_j5hl9lh wrote

With three kids 1000 loads isn't that long. 3-5 years. I remember them, they don't get brittle like cheap plastic ones.

Bl4kkat t1_j5hpocj wrote

Do they still make this? Haha I remember this as a kid

geneorama OP t1_j5ijkh6 wrote

I highly doubt it, they last too long!