Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Negative-Ambition110 t1_j65k36a wrote

My husband is 6 ft and probably weighs 280, do you think he’d be comfortable in it?

eggdropk t1_j65kj9m wrote

I’m 5’8” 220, aka short and fat :) so I’m not sure about someone taller. The headrest on my model (Admiral) is height adjustable though. Of course, only he would know for sure if it works.

They’re super expensive so definitely need to be sure if you’re going to commit (unless you’re lucky and get it free like I did).

ETA: These apparently come in different sizes, so hopefully you can find the correct one that way.

ShawnParr t1_j66k5ji wrote

I’m 6’ almost exactly and am about 280 right now. I have a Stressless Wing and it is great for me. If you can try having him sit in some in a store if you can find one, as the different models do all feel a bit different.

c9belayer t1_j66bnwt wrote

Have your husband sit in each of the sizes to be sure. They are fantastic chairs, definitely nap-worthy, but very pricey.

akita_4u t1_j66xfm4 wrote

I have one. I’m 6”1, 260. I enjoy mine. Mine are wood frame though. We bought them in 2005. Just be sure to get the big one. When I sit in my wife’s chair there is definitely a noticeable difference