Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

rgypsy t1_j3u3hpl wrote

Buy a used, wood frame? We have had a mahogany canopy bed for over 20 years, compared to any newer ones in my house, this one is still as solid as day one

BabyTemporary8996 t1_j3u73xj wrote

We've had our Thuma for about two years now and that thing is solid as a rock. For context: my husband really loves to jump on furniture (much to my dismay). He has leapt across a bedroom and landed on a previous bed so hard that he put a hole in the floor. If our Thuma can outlast the enthusiastic jumps of the man-sized child I'm married to, I'm convinced it'll last for life.

_SoigneWest t1_j3ux14f wrote

I have to say that has got to be one excitable man. My first thought was the thuma too since I’ve been seeing so many ads about it. Let us know how it’s coming along in the next 10 years or so haha

AutoModerator t1_j3u1t0d wrote

Hello /u/Dinosaurtattoo11315! Thank you for your submission! The AutoMod thought that your post might be a request type post and has changed the flair accordingly, but if this was wrong feel free to change it back!

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

Colbysha t1_j3ul629 wrote

An apparatus designed to hold a box-spring and mattress above a floor.

AKLA98 t1_j3zfaiy wrote

Room and Board Parson.

badmotherfuqr t1_j40gaj5 wrote

pretty much any of the Room and Board bedframes that have steel slats are built like tanks. they're the most sturdy beds I've ever seen.

HealthyMe417 t1_j43oqoo wrote

Find a local furniture maker, cabinet maker, or Amish furniture shop. Real wood furniture is NOT cheap but does last hundreds of years. For a lot of people though, Ikea $200 bed frames every 3-4 years is going to be more accessible than putting down 8-10k for an actual wood bed frame