Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

caskey t1_j5x273f wrote

I replaced mine with the Casper ones on Amazon. They've served well. Also if your neck is hurting be sure to get a low fill/thin pillow.

BoopTheCoop t1_j5ximn2 wrote

I second the Casper. I have the “essential standard” with a firm-ish core and “plush” outer layer. I’ve been through dozens of pillows, this is by far the greatest pillow invention on the planet. Somehow it stays supportive in whatever way you need it, yet cradles your head and neck in a soft pillowy kiss. I have nerve damage in my neck that makes my arm numb if I sleep on my side, but not with my BFF Casper. It is pillow perfection.

Previousl3 t1_j5xdqu7 wrote

Thin pillows made a big difference for me. I use a latex foam one that's like 2" and a buckwheat neck pillow sometimes

Previousl3 t1_j5yhynp wrote

I also want to try to make an infinity pillow, they look insanely comfortable but the plastic bead padding would be too thick, I'd go with some sweatshirt material and a little batting

babathebear OP t1_j5x2wlq wrote

The low profile ones are only 1.25” thick, what’s the logic behind it to avoid neck pain? Trying to understand. Thanks

caskey t1_j5x3mwu wrote

Doesn't bend the neck as much. Mine are down filled so when I switch to the side I can squish it up to make it thicker.