Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

F-21 t1_j5oabf2 wrote

> I'm looking for the top teir, walking-on-clouds, high quality, big money footwear that I can wear forever and be comfortable.

You're from the UK. Drive up to Northampton, basically the traditional cobbler capital of the world, have them make you a custom shoe last based on your feet then have one of those shoemakers make whatever you want on that shoe last. That's what you do when money is not a concern.

And even then you'll need more boots and shoes, a single pair will never last forever and won't be as versatile as you want it to be.

Otherwise, if you want awesome sneakers made in the UK, try Crown Northampton. For boots and shoes there's countless cobblers, a good price/performance comes from Loake, though I hear the stuff that's not made in UK isn't very consistent (still high quality if it's made as intended).

_SGP_ OP t1_j5oqqhz wrote

That's unfortunately an 11 hour drive to pop to Northampton 😅

I'm very rarely out of the county, and even more rare I'm that far north, but it would be fantastic if I'm ever in the area. I had no idea about their reputation, that sounds great!

F-21 t1_j5ovdfn wrote

Yeah that area is really famous :)

The first part was a bit sarcastic of course... but for the dirty rich people, it's also a possibility.