Submitted by Henrywaltaa t3_11ag07x in BuyItForLife

Looking to buy a new pair of sandals or slides depending on what you call them, that you folks have used that last and are comfortable and most importantly affordable! Any options are welcome!!

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

fruitofthepast t1_j9rw6jl wrote

I bought knock off EVA Birkenstocks from Target in 2018 and they're still going strong. I've hiked and camped in them and worn them almost every warm day since I got them. The tread hasn't even worn out yet. For $12 I highly recommend.

Materva t1_j9skjxn wrote

My Birkenstocks have seriously been life changing for me. The other great thing is that just about any cobbler can fix/ re-sole them for you too! They are worth every penny.

iceautumn t1_j9s0ply wrote

bedrocks

tallhotblonde69 t1_j9spwkt wrote

This. Wanted to add that bedrock will resole, restrap or in my case after losing one on a train, build a new single sandal.

Gold-Musician-8655 t1_j9rwlv7 wrote

BIFL and affordable rarely come together. Birkenstocks have been known to last a generation or more with proper care and repairs.

I forgot. Another BIFL option that would probably not be considered affordable by some are the Made in Michigan My Chacos I got over 20 years out of a pair of Z2 sandals.

veggiesandvodka t1_j9u034o wrote

Oh! Check sierra trading co for Chacos consistently sold at half-off normal prices.

hartfordmove t1_j9sa179 wrote

Unfortunately the newer ones aren't the same quality.

veggiesandvodka t1_j9tzztv wrote

I think you have to stick w the OG styles, but I’ve had great luck with Chacos over the last decade. they are the only brand that my kids have never broken or worn out before they outgrew them.

Tripedytrapedy t1_j9t8460 wrote

Teva is always a good choice. My dad's are going on 30 years and the only thing that is slightly worn is the velcro

Own_Feature6230 t1_j9wev26 wrote

Love my Teva sandals. Got them when I broke my ankle and was healing, were comfortable when pregnant, held up while carrying around/running after a child outdoors. 5 summers strong.

southcounty253 t1_j9sc6v5 wrote

Love my vinyl Birkenstocks, going on three years now and they're great

woodford2016 t1_j9u74l6 wrote

Any tips to breaking them in? I have a pair and they just aren’t comfortable.

ColbyAndrew t1_j9rsupg wrote

I’ve converted a few people to Scott Hawaii. I’ve two pair. Love them.

hellycopterinjuneer t1_j9s68yr wrote

I've been wearing the same Chacos nearly every day that it's over 60F since 2003. Had them resoled once.

veggiesandvodka t1_j9u076m wrote

They are the BEST value. I tell everyone. They even make “full-shoes” now and mine are 6 yo and look great!!

Jinglemoon t1_j9scgnf wrote

Not the cheapest, but every pair of Ecco sandals I have bought have been both comfortable and long lasting. They have fashionable and more sporty styles, they are all awesome.

F-21 t1_j9sw5vq wrote

Some may not like them, but Crocks (or most knock off Crocks) never fell apart for me, they last until you wear through them.

suckmysookie t1_j9tc3n7 wrote

Crocs actually makes some cute sandals too. I’ve had a pair for 2 years now and they are so comfy.

cyclingwookie t1_j9sy8cr wrote

I have 3 pairs of Birkenstocks and absolutely love them. My Arizona pair is still in a great shape after five years of everyday use. For outdoor trips, I use Teva sandals, tried Reefs before, but they fell apart after one season, however the Reef flip flops of my husband survived 10 years.

Diotima245 t1_j9tb6j2 wrote

I got some Keen flip flops and sandals.

veggiesandvodka t1_j9u0bz4 wrote

I have a pair of keen boots - leather - that have been with me for 8 winters in 3 states. They are the BEST and im so sad they don’t really make tall boots anymore

fundington t1_j9tw6cq wrote

This cobbler family makes handmade sandals. southern Polished I don’t see how anything else could be higher quality.

SummerRoze t1_j9u5cul wrote

Olukai’s are great for a standard flip flop. I also have a pair of slippers from them that are super comfortable. Birkenstocks are my everyday sandals. It does take a couple weeks to get molded to your footbed, but then they are great. As for outdoor sandals, I’ve been wearing Tevas over 20 years (not the same pair), and love the adjustable fit. My husband prefers keens though.

roscoe452000 t1_j9uor02 wrote

Adidas Men's Adilette Comfort Adjustable Slides…..feels like you’re walking on marshmallows!

BackgroundNoise222 t1_j9thsmc wrote

I am not sure what the OP is looking for, but i am looking for "slides".

Many of the recommendations are flip-flops or sandals with a backstrap.

I appreciate the Birkenstocks suggestion, but they will not work for me.

I owned a pair but they did not "mold to my feet". The foot bed did compress, but not to the shape of my feet. Admittedly I have broken my feet so my feet are unusual.

Any other suggestions for "slides" would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Leimoniad t1_j9tm7kc wrote

I swear by my birkenstocks, they can also be easily repaired after years of service

DKugly t1_j9tq8cw wrote

Check out Mohinders. I got the woven and solid city slippers and love them both. And honestly if you check out huckberry.com all of their stuff is vetted and the company does an amazing job at making sure you're taken care of. I bought some dorm slippers from their website and the stitching started coming apart after a couple wears so I emailed them and they communicated with the company that makes them and had them repaired and reinforced for free, refunded the purchase in full, and also credited my huckberry account $30. So in total I got a free pair of reinforced $200 slippers and an extra $30 credit for my huckleberry account. Top notch company and I recommend buying from them. All of their stuff will last or you will be taken care of.

calpmel t1_j9tuj2r wrote

Adidas/crocs slides could survive an atomic bomb

veggiesandvodka t1_j9tzt5e wrote

Chacos are the ONLY brand of summer sandals my kids grew out of instead of walking out of or destroying.

I also snagged what I believe was their “first full-shoe” design and they are going strong 6 years later. And they are so cool. Get compliments a LOT.

Runners up: my keens are always fantastic at standing up to years and years of wear.

Sharp_Skirt_7171 t1_j9upm6i wrote

Chacos are very popular where I live and several people in my friend group love them. Both myself and a couple of my friends have nice pairs that are over 5 years old. We wear them quite a bit, probably 9 months out of the year, and I'm shocked how well mine have lasted with what I've put them through.

answerguru t1_j9vxo84 wrote

100% Chaco’s forever. They last me about a decade per pair and are built to be resoled and have webbing replaced.