Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

small_e_900 t1_j9pnf4m wrote

I had a riding lawnmower that needed a brake caliper.

Simple enough to look up the part number and order it through Sears Parts Direct.

A week or two goes by and I get a package from SPD that contained a plastic bag with a sticker on it with the correct part number and description. The bag had been torn open and had some part in it that was a bracket for something.

I e-mailed them to explain the problem. I included pictures of the correct, worn part and the part they sent me and got no response. A few more e-mails also got no response.

A call to some Sears corporate office did get a response.

I was told that a part had been sent.

End of response.

A few weeks later, somebody called me and apologized about seven different ways, saying that they really dropped the ball on this one and asked if I would give him a chance to make it right. He said that he would send me a prepaid package to ship the wrong part back to him and he would make it right.

A short while later, I did get a pre-paid mailer and I sent the part back with all the appropriate information.

This happened years ago. I'm still waiting for the correct part, or my money back.

Fuck Sears Parts Direct and every asshole who ever worked there.

I made a brake caliper.

high-tech-red-neck t1_j9qpou2 wrote

I had a similar situation with their appliance repair people. They charged me twice for the same service and wouldn't hear of correcting it.

kitty0215 t1_j9tl01o wrote

You should've disputed the charge through your bank immediately after sears customer service told you you're SOL. I had to dispute a charge through my bank after Walmart refused to refund my money for tires they didn't actually have in stock after their website said it was and took my money.

CaffeineSippingMan t1_j9tmil6 wrote

Next time tell your credit card company.

Also next time tell Sears you are going go tell your credit card company.

I pay month to month on my phone plan and they shifted my payment date. For example I was paying on the 15th and now I was paying on the 1St, I lost 15 days of service. My wife called and explained what happened. I could see she was not getting any traction. I asked to talk.

I told the guy I need my money back or I am doing 3 things.

1. I will file a dispute with my credit card company.

2. I will let everyone know Total Wireless has poor customer service and essentially stole me from me.

3. I will leave the company.

He kept apologizing so much told him that she talked to my wife again.

I called my credit card company got my money back before he was done repeatedly apologizing into my wife.

Koshindan t1_j9x3b12 wrote

They made it right (in that you'll never give them your money again.)