Submitted by Environmental-End691 t3_110bzd4 in BuyItForLife

Just what the title says. I am looking for a softshell jacket that does not have fleece lining in the sleeves. I have a columbia ascender 2, and every time I wear it with a long sleeved shirt, I get hung up in the damn thing trying to take it off. I want the softshell wind/rain resistance without the nylon exterior swishy sound when my arms move, and I want to be able to layer it with a long sleeved shirt and have it go on and off easy like my heavy coats do with the nylon lining in the sleeves. I like the fleece lining for the body, but would be open to nylon lining there if that's what I need to do.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

dubauoo t1_j8849va wrote

Or get a base layer with thumb holes???

Environmental-End691 OP t1_j89y9nt wrote

This would work ifnit were just a base layer underneath. I am talking about wearing the jacket regularly not during an outdoor activity (ie hiking, skiing, etc) - so what's directly underneath could be a sweater, sweatshirt, or most likely a tshirt or a button down dress shirt.

PlasticDoughnut6 t1_j88neek wrote

I think Outdoor Researcher makes a jacket like that. I’ve had good luck with their products.

Foreign-Cookie-2871 t1_j89k0as wrote

Do you already have a soft shell with this problem that you otherwise like? You could ask a seamstress to add the lining for you.

Environmental-End691 OP t1_j89xpsj wrote

The 2 I spoke to about this issue both wanted a pattern from which to cut one. I don't understand why they couldn't just measure it from the jacket itself, but I have exactly 0 experience in that area, so I deferred.....