Submitted by AllProfitNoCost t3_113wl4q in CambridgeMA

Picked up guitar again after a long time and am trying to find people to play with. Any recommendations on where to find community jams/ places to play with folks?

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

TennisGuru3040 t1_j8sqmvp wrote

Pianist here - I’ve found the Lilypad’s open mic nights on Wednesday nights to be a good spot to meet other artists. Fair warning, though: There is a lot of variety and a wide spectrum where the talent falls.

AllProfitNoCost OP t1_j8suyvy wrote

dope, I've been meaning to check that place out for a while so this is a great excuse to go! As someone on the lower end of the talent spectrum, I'm excited to pick up some tips haha

FingerlessPianist0 t1_j8suaxk wrote

There's some facebook groups like the Boston Musicians Network that have people looking to jam.

Forward-Candle t1_j8sw36c wrote

Lilly P's does open bluegrass jams on Tuesday nights. There's usually a decent turnout and a wide range of skill levels.

hemidemi t1_j8upesb wrote

Hadn't heard of this either, thanks for the tip!

plang00120012 t1_j8tnrun wrote

Tuesdays at the Cantab is Bluegrass night. Usually downstairs during and after a bunch of people jam with mostly guitars and fiddles.

Also if you're into traditional Irish music the Burren is one of my favorite places. They have music every night and there's always something cool going on in the front room.

amc22004 t1_j95nxb3 wrote

The Tuesday bluegrass jams are actually at Lilly P's now, not Cantab! I've been meaning to go.

BaconNinja89 t1_j8tc4cq wrote

Setlist ideas?

AllProfitNoCost OP t1_j8tny6h wrote

I'm really open to playing anything, but trying to lean more funk/ rock (think vulfpeck/ zeppelin direction)