Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

FineWinePaperCup t1_jeemahv wrote

My first thought was - didn’t HoCo spin up a mental health emergency line, like 911 but for things that don’t need police, instead mental health help. So it doesn’t turn into a news-worthy type police encounter.

And then I couldn’t remember what the number for it was. So, you know, not useful when you need it. And then I tried to Google for it, and also couldn’t find what I was looking for. So, if this does exist, hopefully it’s where the non-emergency people route the call.

FineWinePaperCup t1_jeemowr wrote

Oh, maybe this is it: the Howard County Mobile Crisis Team (MCT) at 410-531-6677. MCT is a two-member team of mental health professionals whose primary objective is to assist people in handling and managing emotional, traumatic or psychiatric crises. MCT is available 9:00 a.m. to 11 p.m. seven days a week.

thecleanmechanic OP t1_jeepx2k wrote

That number would’ve been no good to me at that time. This happened at 4:30 this morning.

thecleanmechanic OP t1_jeenh09 wrote

Google gave me a few of their numbers so I tried for their closest location. I called their Long Reach field office but it went straight to their voicemail lol. The next best bet was their main office in Ellicott City.