Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Glittering_Drama_805 t1_iqy94lu wrote

I second the recommendation to visit Vertical Connection. They are a second generation family owned local business with a great reputation. They did our hardwood floors and we’ve been pleased with the quality of the product and the installation.

GenuineClamhat t1_ir33bfe wrote

We went to them for custom shades and while they were very nice and had a good selection, their prices weren't competitive. They quoted us almost $5000 (probably to the tune of $25k for the whole house) on two bedroom windows. We ended up spending about that on the entire house (not 2 windows but 11 windows) with custom blinds and wood valiances with all the features we wanted elsewhere.

I don't know if they operate the same way with their floors, they made it very hard to shop local with the prices they quoted us. It made me sad we couldn't go to a locally owned place, but the markup was just too, too high. I did think their shop was very nice, they were so helpful and if their quality was half as good as their bedside manner then that may be worth the cost for some.