Submitted by vlj914 t3_ypt4f5 in ColumbiaMD

My husband is having a hard time getting hired anywhere. Full disclosure, he has some misdemeanor charges on his background, which is probably why people are not jumping at the opportunity to hire him. With that being said, he is a good guy, great father, and hard worker. He just wants to be hired somewhere, preferably day shift, so he’s able to help me with our bills.

He’s applied to over 150 places so far.

ETA: past industries include restaurant, retail, warehouse, and funeral/transport services

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

LouismyBoo t1_ivl4agv wrote

Has he targeted Jessup MD for warehouse jobs? There are a lot of big warehouse there.

Also, he might need to go to a temp agency for a warehouse job before they hire full time.

He may need to take a 'seasonal' job to get him a paycheck through January. Target, Kohls, I don't know if it's local but FedEx usually hires for the holidays.

erasethenoise t1_ivmgze5 wrote

You or your husband DM me my company is always hiring.

AKnitWit777 t1_ivkuof8 wrote

There are many restaurants in the area looking for employees.

If he has some misdemeanor convictions, he should bring it up in interviews and explain what happened, and more importantly, what he's learned from the experience and why he won't do the same things again. It may not sway some employers, but if he's interviewing well otherwise and they really need the help, it is better to get that out in the open up front.

gutterbrain73 t1_ivknbgy wrote

Might be useful to mention what sort of skills he has or position he's seeking. I mean, sure, there are probably home renovation companies that could use a skilled carpenter, but if you husband doesn't know how to swing a hammer, that's not going to be very useful...

vlj914 OP t1_ivknfvx wrote

True, true. Will update. Thanks.

unled_horse t1_ivmbr1r wrote

Lidl at Columbia Mall is hiring and I know their application process moves fast! The managers there are awesome. Worth a try!

You might try giving Grassroots a call to see if they know of any job programs for ex-offenders. Your husband will get there! 😊

Lumiyastaystrong t1_ivli3kr wrote

You might wanna check out Maryland New Directions, an non-profit Organization, which helps people find employment (provide training courses and resume writing assistance etc.)

Prestigious_Durian53 t1_ivo4hib wrote

I had a record until MD passed the weed bill last night :)

I was born and raised in Columbia if you or your husband or any honest person needs a job don’t hesitate to call me ——— (dm me) ❤️

vlj914 OP t1_ivoakgc wrote

Hey I sent you a message :)

calamityshayne t1_ivluyz3 wrote

40 hours of hard work a week if he's interested. Room to grow.

honey-laden t1_ivmzt01 wrote

how long ago was the misdemeanor? you can have it expunged.

civilrobot t1_ivn4kev wrote

New Giant in Crofton is hiring