Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

FineWinePaperCup t1_j0i4rlk wrote

My understanding is it was just a pilot project and test for the area.

Now that you mention it, I haven’t seen the pile blocking the trail around Wilde lake and crosswalk across LPP the past few weeks.

mathwhiz2097 OP t1_j0iguel wrote

I really enjoyed the program so I hope they bring it back

FineWinePaperCup t1_j0ikfne wrote

My problem is similar to most complaints about undocked scooters - being left everywhere. I bike a lot around Lake Kitt and downtown, and having to swerve to avoid wrecking because someone left a scooter in the middle of the trail. Not a good look.

So while they might have been fun, like so many things, a few people not thinking ruins opinions.

perfecttoad t1_j0m1630 wrote

this! the fact that the scooters were left in the middle of walkways, parking lots, and once on the edge of the road (so much for helping with traffic??) made me not want to support them :(

Renaiconna t1_j0ie7bw wrote

Pilot ended right after Thanksgiving. Public comment/feedback will be gathered until 12/23 here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ScooterPilot2022

They’ll assess whether to extend the contract based on that.

mathwhiz2097 OP t1_j0igxas wrote

Thanks for the info, I hope they get a lot of good feedback. I enjoyed and got a lot of use out of the scooters

mynamesafad t1_j0j236t wrote

I hope they bring it back as well. Would love to see the price reduced or made free by Howard County. The price was pretty expensive and I know there were times where I contemplated taking it, but the price made the value not worth it and ended up driving to my location. If the price was cheaper, would have pulled a vehicle off the road and helped reduce traffic in the area

Training_Meal3522 t1_j0la40u wrote

The price for the scooters can’t be ”free”. If Howard County subsidizes the program so that scooter users don’t have to pay, the cost will be borne by Howard County taxpayers.

−3

mynamesafad t1_j0lbinz wrote

Which is fine with me. I'll gladly pay taxes to encourage alternative transportation and reducing vehicle congestion.

Training_Meal3522 t1_j16owjk wrote

I’m glad you realize that taxpayers will fund a HoCo “free” scooter program. Not every taxpayer (me included) wants to pay the higher taxes though. We’re overtaxed now. As noted above, abandoned scooters have congested trails and are an eyesore so it seems the scooter program wasn’t successful. If people want to use scooters they should buy them with their own money. They’re not expensive.

f1sh98 t1_j0lzvok wrote

I was at the mall the other day and saw a little rectangle painted on the pavement for scooter parking.

I honestly didn’t even notice they’d vanished

kingRidiculous t1_j0ickmy wrote

I wonder which landfill they went into.

−3