Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

mkt853 t1_je08ys5 wrote

You will only be happy if the tax rate is 0.0%. Just admit it. No one likes taxes, but we also like having a high quality of life. Decisions, decisions.

Knineteen t1_je0pzqf wrote

Define “high quality of life”.

−3

IndicationOver t1_je73ce5 wrote

I think they mean healthcare, social services, public education, gun safety, LGTBQ friendly

Knineteen t1_je74xy6 wrote

It’s “high quality” to work oneself to the bone just to survive? Interesting.

WellSeasonedUsername t1_je0guwx wrote

We don’t have a “high quality of life” here. Our roads are shit, we pay $7k in taxes on a ranch built in the 50’s that we’ve had paid off for over 10 years

−4

mkt853 t1_je0nyc5 wrote

So your proof that all 3.6m CT residents generally don't enjoy a high quality of life is because your road is shit and you pay $7k in taxes and have a house you don't like? That's your entire case? Sorry man that's pretty f*cking weak. Just basic shit like public education, household/median income, access to health care, life expectancy, obesity rates, infant mortality, and on and on CT is at the top or very near the top in just about every basic SoL/QoL category like that. You're over here mad about a pothole on your street when parts of this country are on the level of developing African nations when it comes to just having clean potable water. Beyond the stuff we can control, when you live in CT, you're not at risk of losing all your stuff and having your town burn down from a wildfire, or being leveled by a tornado or washed away in a flood. Some of you whiners need a little fucking perspective because you have no clue how good you have it especially in light of what happened last weekend in the south.

WellSeasonedUsername t1_je0uqx6 wrote

Most people on this sub are from white privileged neighborhoods anyways. Y’all love to preach about shit but you’ve never stepped foot in the hood.

−7

katiejim t1_je35ec3 wrote

Have you driven on other states’ roads? Have you noticed how when you cross from Mass or NY to CT, the road becomes markedly smoother.

tangtang1028 t1_je09nxd wrote

CT doesn’t have a high quality of life. Roads are terrible. New Haven, Bridgeport, Waterbury, Hartford high schools all read at the 3rd grade level. Such high quality. With the new policy of letting all criminals run free, violent crime is up dramatically. Most guns crimes in the state are committed by violent REoffenders, but they won’t lock them up for some reason. Drug use is through the roof. The new drug TRANQ is in the streets now. So great. Idiot

−5

mkt853 t1_je0derr wrote

No offense, but you sound like my grandpa that sits around watching Fox News all day. The problem for you guys is no one believes your dumb talking points anymore outside of your own little shrinking circle. You just sound.... crazy. Like old man shaking fist at the clouds crazy. Maybe stick your head out the window and yell "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!" Your anecdotes aside, Connecticut and our neighbor to the north have the highest standards of living and quality of life in the country by virtually every metric. You can look at just about any top 10 list, and you'll find the same states in the top 10 and the same states in the bottom 10. That's neither anecdotal nor coincidence.

tangtang1028 t1_je0ez05 wrote

Same reason why Hartford, Bridgeport Waterbury are always in there for worst cities even though they barely qualify. They just make the threshold at 100,000. And I’m sure your privileged ass will talk a great game, but would be caught there at 1am.

−7