Submitted by OrePhan t3_11ppzum in Connecticut

Some idiot in a white Mercedes STOPPED from highway speeds on rt 9 N to let someone who was stopped at the on-ramp stop sign near Middlesex merge in. I can usually roll my eyes and move on but had to vent this one, so fucking dangerous. Thank you for listening, I hope you enjoy the rest of your day!

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Papa_Bearto2 t1_jbza0bx wrote

Saw someone the other day stop in the middle of a traffic circle. Dead stop. Traffic backed up behind him while he’s just obliviously waving people on in front of him.

OrePhan OP t1_jbzekwk wrote

Another nominee 🤦🏻‍♀️

crankygeese t1_jc1tcet wrote

That happens surprisingly often here in New Milford at the roundabout. 🤦‍♂️

Ok_Repair_92 t1_jbz65w1 wrote

Get a dashcam. Viofo dashcam can be had for $100. Installing is a easy as sticking it to your windshield and plugging it into outlet. And you never have to worried about idiots.

OrePhan OP t1_jbz81k2 wrote

I appreciate the nudge, I joined the dashcam sub some time ago while researching them but need to get around to it. I’ll still worry about the idiots though bc I love my car and people and dog…

Middledamitten t1_jc04okf wrote

CT has more than its fair share of the stupidly courteous drivers. I had one in front of me come to a complete stop at a green light anticipating the yellow.

TheDudeMaintains t1_jc7mrao wrote

I swear this is a recent development amongst the waterheads with whom we share our state's roadways. If you're on the road at 6AM, I have to assume you left home that morning with a destination in mind, much like I did... let's fucking get there already, and enough with the volunteering for red lights shit, yeah?

themighty351 t1_jc1k70y wrote

Why is it when I pull up to a 4 way stop and if it's even remotely close that we both stopped together I always get a wave?

rfunaro6 t1_jc1uhcs wrote

There have been so many times when I pull up to a 4 way stop and someone is already there. But when I wait for them to take their turn, they just keep sitting there and look over at me with the most confused look on their face. Like dude you were clearly there first by several seconds I'm waiting for you to go

AvogadrosMoleSauce t1_jc1tgdb wrote

Glad the DOT is finally getting rid of that thing.

OrePhan OP t1_jc1yd6r wrote

Hadn’t heard this, that would be great!

AvogadrosMoleSauce t1_jc21i2j wrote

There were some news stories a year or so ago about it. There were also plans to get rid of the traffic signals but I think residents were against it.

FJCruisin t1_jc4fe8h wrote

theyve been talking about it for MANY years. Lets see if it actually happens this time. I'm not holding my breath.

bristleboar t1_jc2jgl4 wrote

my horn would still be pressed, haaaate that

uthyrbendragon t1_jc1ow2m wrote

Hand in the horn and leave it there until you have passed the idiot - they might get the message, then again they might not