Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Dinglemeshivers t1_je16sd1 wrote

It’s a good football stadium and would be really nice as a concert venue. Unfortunately they don’t host many concerts there and I have no idea why. It’s bigger than The Meadows and could be used to bring bigger acts to CT like Metallica or Bruce Springsteen.

Kolzig33189 t1_je1aoge wrote

They did host bigger concerts there for a number of years, I saw Springsteen and Rolling Stones there at two different shows circa 2005 or so. No idea why they stopped because now I don’t think it gets used much outside of a rare event during football offseason, seems like it would be a boon to local economy to get people in for concerts.

LorenzoZoil11 t1_je1bsef wrote

neighbors complained about noise levels. The Police played there in 2007 i think that was the last show.

it’s a good stadium really not a bad seat in the house ample parking pretty easy in and out just needs some upkeep which i believe is in process of securing funding.

Kolzig33189 t1_je1cas6 wrote

Makes sense I guess that people around complained but it’s kind of one of those things where “what did you think was gonna happen buying a house next to a stadium?!” I have more understanding if they were there before the venue was built I guess.

At least to me it doesn’t seem like there any houses immediately next door and it’s way off from the street so who knows.

Dinglemeshivers t1_je2pxge wrote

It’s also one of those situations where ,if you were a neighbor, you should see some benefit to your town with the influx of money from the venue plus the really close people could get $$ from yard parking and the stadium isn’t covered so it’s only during warm months there would even be a concert there

srh99 t1_je32dgw wrote

I went to that show. It was the only show I went to there, and I was on the floor, but I thought the sound was excellent.

spmahn t1_je2feqy wrote

The problem is that it doesn’t seat that many people. For a concert, once you account for seats that would be blocked for production, you’re looking at roughly the same number of tickets the Xfinity Theater can hold down the road

Dinglemeshivers t1_je2pja0 wrote

The place has 40,000 seats. Let’s say you take up the end zone near the flag poles that isn’t double decker but than add in field seating/general admission, that should more than make up for that lost area of seats. That’s 40,000+ compared to The Meadows’ 30,000

SherrickM t1_je2r3w5 wrote

That's the thing, it doesn't equal out. Once you take everything into account, they're probably not gonna put more than 25 to 27 in there for a concert that can't be the day before or the day after a football game for logistics reasons, and for that you might as well use the actual concert venue with better amenities for the artist and crew.

realbusabusa t1_je4ih02 wrote

Yeah but the Rent has 40,000 seats, Meadows only has 7500 seats the rest are lawn tix. Even if only 60% of those are usable due to stage setup, that is still 24,000 seats. Add in GA floor tickets on the field and you have similar capacity vs the Meadows just inverse seating vs GA ratios. That being said I don't think East Hartford wants concerts there. State should demolish it and rebuild in Storrs where it belongs. Or cancel the football program altogether.