Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

wheresbillyatschool t1_jeddhja wrote

How do you know what I do to advocate and fight for rights in both our state and other states from one comment? I’ve lived in several areas of the US, but truly came back because I felt that I could effectuate more change here. I work with some of the most helpless folks in society to help level the playing field DAILY. I foster children who need a home and give up any semblance of a personal life. But it’s worth it to help children feel safe and loved. I donate to organizations that can actually effectuate change in states where rights are being robbed. If everyone could get in there and make small grassroots changes, then maybe we could make some movement as a country towards a better life for everyone. One where EVERYONE’S basic needs are met. But until then, all I can do is try to make the most of this one life I’ve been given, to use my voice and advantages to advocate for others. Just wanted to share that you can’t make an assumption about someone based on 2 sentences on a Reddit thread.