Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

stengbeng t1_je0g85l wrote

Inventory is still super low and the Norwalk real estate market is still hyper-competitive. I'd be more inclined to advise you against certain areas, but generally speaking if you're looking at single-family homes then most of the neighborhoods where those are located are generally safe. The socioeconomic dynamic in Norwalk is really geographically-dependent, sometimes even down to a block or two. SoNo and Wall Street are perfectly safe areas to visit for dining/entertainment, but I'd avoid any homes within those vacinities.

Cranbury, Silvermine, and West Norwalk are generally the safest but most expensive. Rowayton is technically a part of Norwalk but might as well be its own town, it's basically just an extension of the wealth/exclusivity you see just across Five Mile River in Darien. East Norwalk is really nice, but overpriced due to proximity to the water and the houses are all a bit smooshed together for my own liking. The neighborhoods off of Westport Ave., East Ave., West Rocks Road, and Newtown Ave/Chestnut Hill Rd. are all really great options for situation, but good luck finding anything right now haha.