Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

the_ENEMY_ OP t1_jdyq6r5 wrote

That's what I was thinking. The places I have viewed were only 10 minutes from my Hartford residence. Not sure if that area is worse or better (near NHS) than the turnpike or college areas. I had my catalytic converter stolen at JNI automotive which is just a few minutes from the Newington town line. Also had a window broken just to have a Halloween skeleton taken. I've purposely bought shitboxes the past 15 years to try to prevent big losses while living in Hartford.

BeachAdjacent t1_jdzt0u2 wrote

I used to live walking distance from the HS and the church, perfectly safe areas. Mainly opportunistic crimes, people looking for cars left unlocked at night. Install motion activated outdoor lights and keep your house and car locked Most of the real crime is on the turnpike. Lots of families, lots of people riding bikes and walking dogs.

Z2xU t1_je1l8uy wrote

NHS area only issue is traffic on the main road, otherwise its a great option for property value increase or start a family, or both... put a ring camera on the house and try to find a property w a usable garage is what I would do, which i would i do in any town nowadays... now I gotta go look to see what's available and window shop.... good luck

Edit:typos