Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

thekingofsecrets t1_jdzvmrw wrote

I've lived in a couple places in Newington and I've not seen any significant amount of crime in the last 10 years that I've lived here. I live near the center now and the worst I've seen is that my neighbor leaves his cars unlocked and had someone grab a few things out of it one night. I used to live in an apartment right on the west Hartford line and the worst I had happen was that my bike got stolen, but I'm fairly certain that was the apt maintenance guy because I had to leave my storage unit open for him. Haven't heard about much cat theft or anything like that, but I'm sure it exists like it does everywhere.

My bet is that the statistics are artificially inflated due to the turnpike and the associated shoplifting and sketchy stuff that happens in the dingy little motels.

the_ENEMY_ OP t1_jdzvxir wrote

I get all that I just don't know how it could be artificially inflated all the way down to the bottom 1% seems like some kind of error

thekingofsecrets t1_je1vlge wrote

It could also be that their data is just wrong, the areas they call out as most dangerous are CCSU and the areas directly next to west farms. Definitely no feeling of danger anywhere around there. Gets progressively fancier as you get into WH

[deleted] t1_je0ht4i wrote

[deleted]

the_ENEMY_ OP t1_je0i0n8 wrote

I was surprised that new Britain's data was statistically "safer" on the same site.. and even Hartford in some ways. Bizarre.