Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

RededHaid t1_jcg9umb wrote

There are laws about what goes in mailboxes.

learninglinux123 OP t1_jcgbkyy wrote

Yeah, I get that. Well if they can't stuff these in the mailbox then they shouldn't be able to throw them on the ground either. They're not heavy like a full newspaper and so a light gust of wind easily moves them around. What do they think will happen with all that plastic waste?

RunnyDischarge t1_jcgdc3i wrote

Yeah those bags will be blowing around the neighborhood for a couple weeks

RunnyDischarge t1_jcgcycj wrote

It would be a better idea to just save us all time and dump them directly into the landfill.

You can call and complain and they’re supposed to remove you from delivery. They did this in my neighborhood in the summer and it was a perfect way to tell which people were away on vacation and the house was empty.

[deleted] t1_jchlxs6 wrote

[deleted]

learninglinux123 OP t1_jchzrvy wrote

I agree, that is one good use for the paper ad! I'm concerned about the plastic bags that these papers are delivered in. Half of them won't get picked up by the homeowner because they're blow away by the wind or just forgotten. I mean, what does The Courant think will happen to all of that plastic? Smdh

Jawaka99 t1_jci86yg wrote

But grocery stores can't use plastic bags because they might turn into litter.

spmahn t1_jcil763 wrote

The problem I have with these is that there is essentially zero control over the people delivering them. In my neighborhood in Bristol it’s hit and miss as to whether these actually get delivered, but when they are delivered essentially it’s just one person who drives down the street, throws a dozen or so of them randomly out the window as they go along, and then moves on to the next street.

r32rally t1_jcj1ez8 wrote

On my road in Bristol you're lucky if they're in the driveway, the last couple of summers I remember running them over in the middle of the street.

SecretLadyMe t1_jcjdosg wrote

Mine always ends up under my car. It's generally a waterlogged mess when I find it.

sucksatgolf t1_jch2pz1 wrote

If you mean the Courant community, the paper they chuck in everyone's driveway, you can unsubscribe from it.

learninglinux123 OP t1_jci0ac4 wrote

It seems like every house on the road that I live on got some type of food ad delivered today. I feel like a Facebook busy body complaining about this but come on, wtf. What do they think will happen with 80% of these plastic bags that won't be picked up?

DredPirateAngE t1_jcmq5ib wrote

I've tried complaining to them. They completely ignore it. I sent them photos of dozens of wet soggy rotting papers in bags on the street, sidewalks, yards, in the woods, etc. They don't give a damn.

Mother_Plant6861 t1_jch5ovu wrote

I leave it rotting in the driveway to give them a hint that I don't want it.

susiequeue13 t1_jci9ic0 wrote

What’s twice as stupid is it comes in our mail and we get the litter copy in the plastic bag in random places near the end of the driveway. You’d think they would check which areas they didn’t cover with bulk mailing.

AppropriateFinding26 t1_jcig38x wrote

It’s illegal to put anything in a mailbox other than mail. I do not deliver those three papers but I do deliver a newspaper and you cannot put a paper in the mailbox. The jerk that deliver some needs to do a little better job getting them in the driveway is not in the street.

learninglinux123 OP t1_jcn2mtp wrote

Yeah, I get the mailbox thing. But, I saw these papers on the ground next to homes that had the official Hartford Courant Blue boxes as well! I suppose you are right, perhaps someone just got lazy.