Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Kolzig33189 t1_itsh2zx wrote

Use a broker who represents you and not an insurance company. They take your information (or in this case the teens info) and get quotes from several different companies and then work with you to choose best option for you.

DungareeManSkedaddle t1_itshaic wrote

I second this. AAA does a great job at brokering, if you’re a member.

Also, get used to doing this often. Best deal this year may not be the best next year.

ThrowAnonymous1000 OP t1_itshfyh wrote

Is AAA worth it?

DungareeManSkedaddle t1_itsy2lv wrote

I was asking myself that this year. I’ve been a member for like 30 years, but hadn’t used them in ages… and then I did. Had to get a vehicle towed almost 100 miles. They took great care of me, and nothing out of pocket other than my membership fee.

They also got me an incredible auto loan 4 years ago.

ThrowAnonymous1000 OP t1_itshcw0 wrote

This might seem silly, but where do find a good broker? I’m in New London county if that helps.

Papa_Bearto2 t1_itsm5tr wrote

Yep. Been with my broker for almost 20 years. She’s awesome. Also does my homeowners and life insurance. I get a call from her once a year to tell me she’s switching to a new company to get me the best rate.

bramletabercrombe t1_itxhf32 wrote

does anyone know a good broker in Fairfield County?

Kolzig33189 t1_itxi0fz wrote

I don’t think they necessarily have to be local to you, everything is done on zoom or similar now anyways, just have to know CT rules. I’ll look up the guy I use contact info tomorrow when I have my work comp up and running…he’s the best kind of broker where I had 1 meeting initially to go over specifics of what we need, bundling opportunities, etc and then I talk to him once a year with either updated or hes notifying me another company is cheaper.

Bhnz t1_itsss1l wrote

USAA

DarthLysergis t1_itt5cb6 wrote

Your parents'. lol

Really though, you just have to shop around. Either a broker or just search yourself. Insurance companies change their rates based on data they collect frequently. I had progressive for a decade, it was by far the cheapest when i got it. Other companies quoted me double.

Then a year ago progressive raised my rate significantly. I called allstate (one of the most expensive when i was first shopping) and they came up under what i was paying with progressive by far.

Ordinary-Ride-1595 t1_ittunb1 wrote

Buy a single share of Berkshire Hathaway B and use the shareholder discount with Geico.