Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Flimsy-Field-8321 t1_iu5czyb wrote

There is plenty of info on all of the candidates for a long time before the election. No excuse absentee ballots are a good idea for a myriad of reasons and to say that both sides want people to vote without information is just false.

Kodiak01 OP t1_iu5dhav wrote

I said that many on both sides DON'T want people to have all the information. They want voters to show up, realize they had no idea that half what is on the ballot is even being contested, and blindly vote the party line instead of being able to make a truly informed decision.

Flimsy-Field-8321 t1_iu610mo wrote

Well the Dems have worked for years to get no excuse absentee balloting and early voting. Repubs have tried to block it at every turn. Seems to me that one party wants to help people vote (knowledgeably) and the other - doesn't.

Kodiak01 OP t1_iu6d7r3 wrote

I'm a Republican and I want early voting, absentee voting, and most importantly a change from closed to semi-closed Primaries similar to MA where the Unenrolled can pick whatever party's ballot they want on Primary Day.

Flimsy-Field-8321 t1_iu6ddhn wrote

You are not representative of your cohort unfortunately. But it is wonderful you feel that way.

Kodiak01 OP t1_iu6e2g8 wrote

If I'm going to tagged with all the kooks on my side, the other side must endure the same. That would make all Democrats meth-peddling, gangbanging cop killers that go shooting at Congressmen during charity softball games.

Are you?

If a comparison or insinuation is good enough for one side, then it must be good when employed in reverse.