Submitted by nineisnumber t3_yg6iao in Connecticut

Hi,

I found an SD card on the ground in upstate NY and was going to format it for my own camera, but noticed it already had thousands of photos on it.

Most of them family photos, and travel memories etc. I imagine the original owner would like to have returned.

I have narrowed down that the owner:

• is from Weston, CT
  • went to Weston High School
  • graduated in 2012
  • likely played lacrosse

I emailed the staff directory of Weston High School and reached out to several related facebook pages, but haven’t had any luck yet.

Does anyone have tips on how I can find whose SD card this is? Or, is anyone here from Weston and would be able to identify some faces? Based on the photos, it’s pretty clear who the person’s immediate family is, so depending on how big Weston is, someone might be able to recognize at least one member of the family.

Thanks.

EDIT: Found the owner's name! Someone DMd me a pdf of the 2012 roster and I was able to cross reference the names with a roster of the 2012 lax team. Success. Thank you all for your tips!

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

BSKCT t1_iu77m75 wrote

As u/Jun72386 said, you can post it on Facebook, might get the most interaction on Westons talk page(if they have one that is). If not, you can try cross-referencing the Lacrosse roster from 2012 and the graduation pamphlet to see which names match up and then see if those people match the pictures. Dm'd you links to the last two.

Justinontheinternet t1_iu7c392 wrote

Really nice of you to try and find them. Maybe google reverse img search?

Usedtoknowsomeone46 t1_iu7ppgw wrote

How would that work if the pictures never made it off the SD card?

−1

Justinontheinternet t1_iu7svkz wrote

Plug it into your computer and open?

How do you think they got all this info off a sd card?

Usedtoknowsomeone46 t1_iu7t8r6 wrote

But...the owner never got the pictures off it. So the reverse image search would come up nothing

−7

Proud-Breakfast-8429 t1_iu7i1ug wrote

Find someone with a 2012 weston high school year book or just post some of the pictures as long as they are not something that shouldn’t be online

Jun72386 t1_iu75mu9 wrote

Post something on Facebook? Hopefully someone recognizes them.

mischavus618 t1_iu8anoz wrote

They should be having their 10th school reunion. Facebook should have something.

Why didn’t the school help you? That’s ridiculous!

nineisnumber OP t1_iu95xbs wrote

They did! I got emails back today. Initially reached out late at night, so no immediate responses, but they were very willing to help :)

mynameisnotshamus t1_iu8rom0 wrote

Weston is a pretty small town and many know each other. I’m in Weston but am pretty new and don’t have kids so, I don’t know many.
There is one small grocery store in town. Maybe contact them to see if they’ll post something?

https://lilyswestonmarket.com/

BeerPizzaGaming t1_iu8yai8 wrote

Can you ascertain what number they were on the Lax team? Many yearbooks are publicly available which could aid you in finding the individual.
Also are you certain it is Weston CT and not another Weston E.G. Weston MA?