Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

DungareeManSkedaddle t1_iu1a7ao wrote

> Most of the licenses were for college-age students,

Slow news day, I guess.

OfAnthony t1_iu3bn68 wrote

Yes. I worked the doors for years in Hartford at Pigs Eye/Black Eyed Sally's. I could spot fakes by the book we used that gave details most people were unaware of. My 20 year old niece showed me her fake a few months ago; it not only has every hologram correct...the special way your license # is configured matches too. There is no way to spot it by eye; can't confirm if it would pass a scanner.

gewehr44 t1_iu58pun wrote

The scanners only read the bar codes which have the same info printed on the id. There's nothing secret or secure about them so any decent fake reads.

OfAnthony t1_iu67mhr wrote

Wow how times change. Used to be New Jersey IDs...the fakes were better looking than the real ID.

IndicationOver t1_iu94ton wrote

Fakes of everything are better in 2022

IDs, money, material goods (shoes, clothes, purses) jewelry

and finally fake weed/drugs sadly

-Gaunter-O-Dimm t1_iu23noo wrote

I wonder if this is a thing with CT. When I was in school in upstate NY I got to tour the local PD station as part of a Criminal Justice elective and they showed us a huge bookshelf filled with containers of fake IDs sorted by state. CT ones took up almost an entire shelf while most other states only had one or two boxes

nikedude t1_iu3i3m1 wrote

I would guess it's more regional. A CT license in NY is probably a better fake than a Montana license. Like WTF is someone from Montana doing at this random bar/liquor store in upstate NY.

itsallthesamejames t1_iu3rykc wrote

So when I lived in NYC when I was 18-20, I got my first and only fake ID and it was actually quite a process. There used to be Reddit pages detailing who to contact, how to get them the money (via Bitcoin) and what states were easiest to get away with where. Pretty sure I also had to use Tor to actually order it.

I picked Pennsylvania because it was close and was relatively foolproof as they had simple ID designs compared to NY state for example, which had recently added the “window.” I assume that’s why they’ve picked Connecticut too.

tonyforeman t1_iu57bjv wrote

Damn you . You have just opened up a memory I had long buried . 1984 , me and group of high school friends drove to NYC for fake ID’s . We go to 42nd street and find “ the guy”. He takes us to a photo booth and gets our pictures takes ( 2 bucks ) and then says ok boys it’s 85 dollars for each . Hands us a “ form “ to fill out with name and birthday ( yes all made up) we were 16 . Then says ok I need the cash . 85 times 6 of us . I hand it over and like some fucking magic he was gone . Good Money for 1984 . We took our remaining money and got pizza and bought some weed in Central Park and got high . I’m 55 now . Good times

HazelFrederick t1_iu2iki7 wrote

And they say nobody wants to move here

RepresentativeYou172 t1_iu2chux wrote

A lot of people I knew had IDs from Maine, picked it up from some headshop in NYC

maybe_little_pinch t1_iu2jpjk wrote

Yup. Maine, especially when they were simply laminated. New Hampshire was the other one, but I vaguely recall them getting rejected more often

goddamnzilla t1_iu1lzuy wrote

Wonder if they planned on voter fraud...

You can't trust redstate assholes, you know how they like to steal shit.

−11

Prestigious-Tie2049 t1_iu1s0we wrote

It’s obviously a false flag attempt to make republicans look bad.

I blame the libertarians.