Submitted by nkw1004 t3_z30muj in Connecticut

I get a turkey at work every year but I always go to my parents and they buy one a month in advance so I have a turkey looking for a home! It’s just over 13 pounds, fresh not frozen. If you weren’t able to get one, for whatever reason, let me know I’m happy to give it away for free! I’m in the New Haven area but can drive a bit in the morning tomorrow to meet if need be.

If I can’t find anyone who wants it I’ll be cooking it and passing out containers to the homeless

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

AStokedSurfer t1_ixjq20a wrote

I'm sure a welcoming family will find you but I just wanted to pass along some kudos for being an awesome person during the holidays.

ccyogi28 t1_ixjuszh wrote

Last year we had an extra turkey and the Branford food bank was thrilled to take it. Would recommend giving them (or another local food bank) a call!

JaKr8 t1_ixjzr6c wrote

I had a hard time finding a donation location, ended up buying a meal to give through my grocery store. Will plan better for Xmas and throughout next year ( the need doesn't go away with the holidays).

FireyToots t1_ixkkr4m wrote

We got two breast for my husband and I but it just doesn’t feel like turkey day without a real turkey. I don’t want to take it from someone who needs it, but if it still hasn’t been claimed I’d love to trade you for some homemade cookies or something.

Extreme-Cupcake5929 t1_ixkw4iz wrote

I have a Butterball 15 pound frozen , I got it Saturday

You are welcome to it . I’m located in North Haven near the Hamden line . I’m around tomorrow morning . I can put it in the fridge now to help thaw . Let me know by 1am

Or in morning for the Turkey anyway 😊

TIFUstorytime t1_ixkstoy wrote

Do you work at a warehouse by chance? My warehouse does this too. My parents donate ours to like a Loaves and Fishes in Springfield cause it’s too much food for our 4 person family.

Extreme-Cupcake5929 t1_ixkvww5 wrote

I have one 15 pounds and frozen if anyone needs one as well

Shellsbells821 t1_ixlz1ym wrote

I get a free one as well. I donate it to the local food bank.

dugfunne t1_ixm4di5 wrote

Don’t need one but thank you for the offering

[deleted] t1_ixj8iyv wrote

You should pardon it just like Uncle Joe pardoned chocolate and chip.

−12

nkw1004 OP t1_ixj93wb wrote

It’s gonna need to be a lot more than a pardon to be roaming around again

adultdaycare81 t1_ixjfkwe wrote

If you can raise it from the dead I volunteer to be your manager. We are going on tour