Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

0cclumency t1_ivoq3ta wrote

Facebook itself is fine. Just only add people you’re actually friends with and avoid local groups. That’s where you’re going to find the cesspool.

strippersandcocaine t1_ivot579 wrote

Sadly, not true. It’s shocking how many people I know and like post stupid and ignorant crap. Not to mention extended family! FB is the only way we stay in touch but far too many right wing nuts in this tree.

chopper_sic_balls t1_ivouf2w wrote

I have the same family tree… it’s shocking how many of my own cousins I had to block or straight up remove because I couldn’t stand it anymore. I’m all for opinions but when you’re spewing blatant disinformation that is easily verifiable then it’s time to go!

strippersandcocaine t1_ivovm3w wrote

Yeah it’s super sad b/c it’s mostly cousins and aunts/uncles that I do love, and my cousins were our best friends growing up. Removing them, but not the 2 cousins whose ideals align with mine, feels…icky. I know I’m better off deleting it altogether but then we have no connection anymore. Tough call to make

chopper_sic_balls t1_ivox8ch wrote

Yep I’m in the same exact boat for the most part. I still don’t let politics get in the middle but I definitely have a line and they have crossed it so many times. Cheers

0cclumency t1_ivouauf wrote

That’s why I said only people you’re actually friends with. Not just people you know, and not extended family (unless you actually like them). A curated friends list is a peaceful life.