Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

PsyrusTheGreat t1_ixojw61 wrote

No... I used that place, a bit, not enough. So I'm probably partly to blame.

scottct1 t1_ixoo6i5 wrote

The owner retired.

OrneryVoice1 t1_ixow9s4 wrote

They were good for when I was in a pinch and needed a fiber cable or something similar as they were close by and we had an account with them. Unfortunately, they were very expensive and I could get much better deals if I planned ahead.

silasmoeckel t1_ixqcylx wrote

Paid for convenience.

EW stocking fiber now and can get you the part at 4am if your realy desperate.

Carbuncle_Bob t1_ixonhzw wrote

Dang, that place was awesome. I still have a massive box of random wires and cables of all types they sold at a tag sale like 8 years ago in the parking lot for $5. And I still use them

cjinct t1_ixopnlh wrote

I'm gonna miss that place :(

wanderingMoose t1_ixp8jog wrote

That's horrible. Who else is around?

Jan Electronics in New London.

Thats all I know off hand.

ThickDickFishStick t1_ixrjtvs wrote

Does anyone remember the super mean old dude that used to work at Jan’s? He must be gone by now but damn was that guy a bastard. So much so you kind of had to admire and respect him for his commitment to being such an asshole.

yudkib t1_ixoo5pp wrote

Dang that’s a bummer

TEKC0R t1_ixp7oxu wrote

Damn, I loved that place. Unfortunately I moved far enough away that shopping there became impractical.

nutmegger2020 t1_ixos4bc wrote

I remember when it wasn't on the Berlin TPK and was in a tiny hut. 1995

nicfunkadelic t1_ixonssw wrote

RIP... I remember the place, got sent there for work a few times going WAY back. Time to set up accounts online with Newark, Automation Direct, Graybar, and a few others. It's sad, but we will get through this.

Synapse82 t1_ixrxp4s wrote

Holy shit, really. I mean it had to at some point. This was a vendor of mine for years.

They existed before online, and really was just simply the place to go for whatever you needed.