Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

bullish_futuresman t1_ixhqxih wrote

Connecticut is just barely getting recreational weed shops open while some areas of the country have already legalized recreational psychedelics like psylocibin and DMT.

The state is so unbearably slow with everything.

Maybe at some point in the future we can get someone who isn't a fucking retirement age boomer to lead the state.

I think Lamont is doing a fine job and helping to right the ship that was very off course but I am so tired of exclusively old men leading the show.

Let's get some young blood in there and more progressive thinkers who can push this stuff faster than other states. It has a significant effect on our state's profitability.

quetejodas t1_ixi6jgu wrote

>Connecticut is just barely getting recreational weed shops open while some areas of the country have already legalized recreational psychedelics like psylocibin and DMT.

Small correction: no states have fully legalized shrooms or DMT yet. 2 states I believe have decriminalized the possession of small amounts of shrooms, but not legal yet.

bullish_futuresman t1_ixibf19 wrote

I thought Oregon did.

I know Colorado is decrim for sure. But decrim is always the initial step, then recreational follows. Because you know, tax revenue 🙂

BoofTheShroom t1_ixjt1xu wrote

oregon is legal either way the sale and trade is hardly regulated and is a-kin to getting a free 8th with your purchase of a 45$ tshirt

TreeEleben t1_ixj9zu9 wrote

You need to be wealthy and well connected to get into politics at the state level. Young people simply lack the connections that elderly people have made through the years.

bullish_futuresman t1_ixkik08 wrote

That's the problem. That's the way the system currently is setup but it doesn't work for the people. Well, it works. But barely and people are starting to see that there are some very serious flaws in our state, our country and the government's that run each.