Submitted by ComradeJohnS t3_znbfut in Connecticut

Sadly my first new car from 2016 isn’t looking so good after someone hit me. Luckily nobody was hurt, and the police report found the other driver at fault.

I am pretty sure we can choose the auto body shop of our choice, and I was wondering if there were any recommendations for body shops near New Haven.

I would like a high quality job done, hopefully to like new condition with hopefully OEM Kia parts (door handle no longer works). I have never had to look for a body shop before so I don’t even know what to look for. I appreciate any advice!

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

BeachAdjacent t1_j0g2c9o wrote

Autoworks of Westerville, the best around. They will do all the insurance haggling for you and your car will be as good as new.

BeaverMechanic t1_j0gpl99 wrote

If you're willing to put some work in you can pocket atleast $1000 from the insurance. Doors are pretty easy to swap out and should be under 500 a piece color matched.

ComradeJohnS OP t1_j0h30vw wrote

I am not gonna put in work, but thanks for the suggestion! If I had the tools, knowledge, or space maybe

nutmegger2020 t1_j0gb9q3 wrote

RT 95 during rush hour ?

ComradeJohnS OP t1_j0h3jv6 wrote

nah, someone didn’t know where Dunkin was and decided driving thru me would be ideal. they were going like 10mph in a 25.

rfunaro6 t1_j0ixblg wrote

Yikes someone sure really needed to find that Dunkin

rfunaro6 t1_j0ixccd wrote

Yikes someone sure really needed to find that Dunkin

QuestorPS7 t1_j0iygmd wrote

Columbus Auto Body in New Haven.