Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

thatquinnchick t1_j258jeo wrote

As a Jets fan, hate the Patriots, but class act by Robert Kraft

Nyrfan2017 t1_j25ecsi wrote

Was nice of him but I still don’t get how people in ct can be pats fans after they played CT for fools

thatquinnchick t1_j25ewb0 wrote

Totally agree. They were never coming here, but had a lot of people finessed.

IndicationOver t1_j25q6mw wrote

Because at the end of the day we are still New England territory and we did not have a professional NFL team before our excitement.

(just my theory, also Brady)

nvfh33 t1_j25sw00 wrote

Agreed. My father still bitches about the money he never got back from the season tickets he bought when they were supposed to move to CT.

deecro3000 t1_j27i80n wrote

people just go "idk im new to this, who's the best?"

FWIW I'm a giants fan, which if you're of a certain age...is a major WTF for CT

jpr_jpr t1_j27m5py wrote

The Giants actually played in CT.

[deleted] t1_j27nbgf wrote

[deleted]

jpr_jpr t1_j2932uv wrote

That's how my dad became a season ticket holder. He bought them first to Yale Bowl games. Probably followed the same mantra as yours in developing his fandom.

SentientTaco11 t1_j2c3byx wrote

Most teams would laugh at the idea of moving to Hartford, so I think it's something that they even considered moving. But I don't blame Kraft. Why move to a a place two hours from the center of your fan base when you have an option much closer? They should have built the stadium west of Worcester, about 1 hr from Boston, Providence, and Hartford. That would have made more sense.

spmahn t1_j262rqi wrote

In all seriousness, that was what, 20 years ago? How many people honestly remember that?

−2

GKrollin t1_j27jimk wrote

Bro I still hate the Diamondbacks for the 2001 WS

Joggingmusic t1_j28syhl wrote

Ugh I hate that moment almost more than that thing that happened in 2004.

cavalier8865 t1_j26p0o8 wrote

Even more than 20 years ago! The guy in the video was probably like 14 then.

−2

AhbabaOooMaoMao t1_j25npjb wrote

It's simple. It's because, for a while anyway, they were objectively the best football team that ever took the field.

−3

karmint1 t1_j26lz5d wrote

Look up the word objective.

AhbabaOooMaoMao t1_j28jesi wrote

You know that every year they play a big tournament to find out who the two best teams are right, and then those two teams play each other, and that most of the time, for a while, the Patriots won their league and the bowl, basically nonstop?

I don't know. To a dispassionate observer, isn't that the best team?

Seems like you cannot be objective about this.

spacemanegg t1_j262etz wrote

That was so long ago and definitely overshadowed by being one of the best dynasties in sports history

−3

SteveWyz t1_j268m0i wrote

If the Johnson’s ever do something like this I’ll comment something similar on that post. But for now, Fuck the jets