Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

goddamnzilla t1_j167px4 wrote

i second OP's sentiment. CT drivers are stupid assholes.

tailgating - i'm already going 7 mph over the limit, but some dipshit thinks being 2ft off my bumper is going to make this go faster?? nope. i slow down to a speed safe for your driving, even if it means 10 mph.

red lights - without fail, i count one, two, three cars blow through every single red light. i get green, and the intersection is flooded with people who think red lights just don't apply to them.

stop signs - no one seems to know how they work. surprisingly more often than not, i see a car stopped and waiting while i approach from 100 ft away, and they just sit there... waiting... the whole goddamned time. then when i get there and stop, they just sit and stare at me.... then they wave their hand at me - like they're doing me a fucking favor - like i should go...

WTF is with this state? you people have no idea how to drive.

SherrickM t1_j16g6ee wrote

My favorite are the people that can't just wait their turn at a busy intersection and go past the stop line and drive up to right behind the person in front of them that has done the same so they when the light changes for the people in the other direction to go, they're still sitting there blocking the road and can't move so now both directions are stuck.

rfunaro6 t1_j16qp9s wrote

A few weeks ago I had a green light but couldn't go due to the intersection being totally blocked. I waited since I clearly had no room and the car behind me starts impatiently laying on their horn. They legit wanted me try to get through no matter what.

goddamnzilla t1_j16jqoh wrote

i've actually driven in front of people doing that just to stuff them in the intersection so they can't move.

it was an asshole move, and screwed the people around me, but fuck that guy.

seriously - driving here is making me a dickhead.

rfunaro6 t1_j16qsxk wrote

Yes WTF is right! The tailgaiting is insane. I'll be going like 5-10 over and there is always someone right on my ass almost on top of my bumper.