Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

The--Marf t1_j21u311 wrote

The time was the big one for me. When I was a kid it was worth my time to return a shit ton of empties. After graduating college and getting a career not so much.

The deposit wasn't really the limiting factor, moreso the calories. Prior to cutting regular soda and beer we had plenty of empties and I still couldn't be bothered to take them to the store as it was such a waste of time and huge pain in the ass. I figured my time was worth more than the few dollars but I understand that isn't always the case for most.

Some unsolicited advice for those that it is worth their time, just try cutting the spending on deposited drinks. Water is free and much healthier. Anyone who is even slightly overweight might see a noticeable drop in weight upon cutting it. I know I sure did.

PhizyT t1_j21uzbg wrote

Yes, but there are plenty of sugar free options as well. At our parties most people drink water, just as you pointed out.

The--Marf t1_j21wlib wrote

>Yes, but there are plenty of sugar free options as well.

For sure. The few remaining deposited bottles I buy are typically Perrier/Pellegrino outside of the occasionally 12 pack maybe once a quarter.