Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

LawyersGunsandMoneys OP t1_j1eslqy wrote

I would argue that NYC is still the financial capital of the country, and will remain so for the foreseeable future. By making it easier for people who work in NYC to live in Connecticut (i.e. building more housing in NYC-accessible Fairfield county), the state will draw in more population, thus increasing the tax base, and benefitting local businesses who service those residents.

Luis__FIGO t1_j1eugd9 wrote

We've increased the population of lower Fairfield County like crazy, tons of new apartment buildings etc.

Guess what, traffic is a nightmare, the roads we have can't handle everyone.

What takes 15 minutes without traffic is now a 50-60 minute drive.

10 years ago that drive was 25-30 minutes, routinely.

You want more apartments, look in your own county, you need the money and tax base more then them.

LawyersGunsandMoneys OP t1_j1euub9 wrote

I live in Norwalk, I moved down recently for work. And believe me, I want more apartments in Litchfield county as well!

Luis__FIGO t1_j1f9sga wrote

I like you ignored the traffic issue, as if adding more people won't make on already terrible situation much worse.

Let the other counties catch up first, let the state use some of the tax money FC generates for the state actually improve livability in the area before throwing more people in.

CT is plenty big, no reason to turn the 95 corridor into New Rochelle quite yet.