Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

CDawgbmmrgr2 t1_j1ertzy wrote

What does “paid for by a charge on customer energy bills” mean on the ad? That makes it seem like we’re paying additional money for Eversource to advertise ways we can save money?

stinkusdinkus t1_j1hp9wz wrote

Eversource customers subsidize the price assistance, so it's much worse than just paying for the advertisement. Eversource would break your leg and then advertise their goodwill when they put a cast on it.

flatdanny t1_j1f7f4m wrote

Nationalize Neversource. Take the profit motive out. Make them answer to voters, not shareholders.

so2017 t1_j1ekrvo wrote

Evaluating paying my bill.

I know how important this information is and I am working to provide a payment time as soon as possible.

ct-yankee t1_j1eq7vv wrote

What an odd way to covey that message.

ClickPsychological t1_j1hw27h wrote

No shit right???? A few less million in profits for the fat cats?

megapeptobismol t1_j1hvry6 wrote

Subsidies are paid by you and me who are able to pay our bills. Eventually you and me will qualify for this and someone else will be charged a little extra so we get subsidized. Is a vicious cycle with no good ending.

jaytrade21 t1_j1ibm9u wrote

I wish I could change delivery companies. Alas all I can do is change the provider.

bb5199 t1_j1hw679 wrote

New England had the highest electricity rates in the country before any of the inflation kicked in. We are also repeatedly against new pipelines and power plants in the area. Lower supply, higher costs. It always comes back to supply and demand.

Paolo2ss t1_j1eq37t wrote

You know what else would help, people learning some business economic principles, like the fact that if the price of flour has risen, the company must raise the price of the bread. I am not protecting Eversource here, I am not happy the energy price will be higher...

−42

Amsterdam1620 t1_j1erbpz wrote

This is propoganda. Higher flour prices don’t explain why the price to deliver that flour also goes up 80 percent.

4Impossible_Guess4 t1_j1g1to0 wrote

It's a nonsense statement they made but not propaganda, come-on now.

!define propaganda

Amsterdam1620 t1_j1i5wye wrote

Ill be more generous when the power is back on.

4Impossible_Guess4 t1_j1i9axb wrote

Feel that. Local FDs and community centers probably have warming centers set up near you if you need. Happy new year

jaytrade21 t1_j1ibtxf wrote

Yet somehow every other energy company only raised their rates by a few cents a kilowatt hour and not by almost 50%.

Paolo2ss t1_j1nzrhp wrote

You are right, but PURA controlles everything. They approve the energy hikes, there must be a reason why they approved it.