Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

_343_Guilty_Spark__ t1_j4778ho wrote

Just take your foot off the gas. Don’t brake check obviously but they need to respect your space and proper driving safety. Do you have dash cams?

NLCmanure OP t1_j47ezw0 wrote

I don't have one but have thought about getting one for myself and the wife.

scooobsmama t1_j47g5pz wrote

Do it for sure. I actually am looking for one myself after hearing testimonials from people on reddit saying the dashcams eventually pay for themselves when they catch something important.

NLCmanure OP t1_j47jffd wrote

have you gotten any recommendations from anyone on a particular cam to purchase? I'd be interested in knowing what is a good one for a reasonable price and what features to look for. Thanks.

scooobsmama t1_j47lojm wrote

BlackVue or Garmin seem to be the most favorable options based on the research I've done!

Fight_the_bastards t1_j47rvw4 wrote

R/dashcam has more information than anyone could ever need about, well, dash cameras.

Poseylady t1_j47kgfi wrote

I’d love to know this as well!

scooobsmama t1_j47lswt wrote

See above comment where I replied to OP!:) just replying to your comment so you see it now that I posted it. Stay safe out there!

LittleJohnStone t1_j47l6m4 wrote

I feel like the dashcam industry has probably shot up with the popularity of r/IdiotsInCars

uuuge t1_j48myct wrote

Best 200 I ever spent. It records a 4 hour or so loop and then starts to record over itself. Any crazy shit goes down I just tap the button and it downloads it to my phone. Then I can upload it to YouTube or send it to the police.

I also have used it to get out of an insurance fraud case where a new york driver and his wife lied to the police about crossing into my lane and hitting my vehicle. I showed him the footage on scene and he wrote them a ticket, and I used the footage in court, and got my brand new 60k truck totalled and replaced no questions asked from their insurance company.

If you don't have one, depending on the state, it's your word against the other driver, and the insurance company will just do what saves them the most money.

EccentricNarwhal t1_j47lc2b wrote

I didn't that after an accident and a few other close calls. Thankfully it hasnt caught anything good since I got it.

Its cheap insurance

FluffyBiscuitx2 t1_j47vra8 wrote

Someone traveling that close to you doesn’t care about your personal space, but it’ll probably make them aggravated enough to go around you.