Submitted by Syncharmony t3_10p94qx in Connecticut

Hey, I'm looking for recommendations for the places that will light up your taste buds and make you regret it the next morning.

I'm interested in any cuisine that fits the bill. Thai, Indian, Mexican, Szechuan, Chicken Wings, etc, etc....

I'm already pretty familiar with the Nashville Hot Chicken options in CT like Birdcode and Hot Haven. Great places that I frequent, I'm just looking for other diverse options.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

roo-ster t1_j6j1oe0 wrote

As a fellow chill-head, I haven't found anything special here.

I like the heat at Hot Haven but don't love the flavors. My go-to Chinese/Szechuan is Taste of China in New Haven. I love the Jerk at 3 D's Jamaican in Milford and the Cool Runnings food truck on State Street, but neither are especially hot.

I hope you get lots of great responses so we can both find some new haunts.

CTRealtorCarl t1_j6j813b wrote

Cumin India in Hamden and order it "Indian Hot". Its also imo the best Indian food around!

ianmcbong t1_j6jgqao wrote

If you like Indian food, Haveli in Middletown can get reallllll spicy if you order it hot

connfaceit t1_j6jmu12 wrote

September in Bankok in New Haven has a couple of spicy ones. The drunken noodle is pretty hot

dendrax t1_j6jt7vw wrote

Tandoor on Chapel St in New Haven is one of the very few restaurants that can make something too spicy for me.

sourkingsbury t1_j6k86cs wrote

It's a little hole in the wall but Himalaya Restaurant on Farmington Ave in Berlin has the tastiest house made chilli paste/oil I've ever had. They (at least prior to covid) did a Friday lunch buffet, and you can get the hot sauce on the side with any order.

That stuff was seriously spicy and flavorful, but I couldn't stop just dipping everything in it - Naan, pakora, whatever.

ianmcbong t1_j6k8ub9 wrote

Dew Drop Inn in Derby has some seriously spicy wings.

RandyPhylum t1_j6kg68w wrote

Pho Zhaap in East Haven. I ordered their drunken noodles. Incredible flavor. Very delicious dish. I ordered spice level 3 of 5 and WOW!!! I like spicy, but that was almost too much for me. Going for level 4 next visit.

muteflower t1_j6kkzbi wrote

Sweet Chilli Thai in West Hartford, Naatiya in Bloomfield and Asia Darbar in Plainville

punpun_88 t1_j6ktn95 wrote

The best of all spicy restaurants is Shu at the very edge of West Hartford and Hartford, nestled between an Asian market and a great pho restaurant. They are authentic Szechuan Chinese with a huge, delicious and slightly terrifying menu. If you order one of the hottest dishes it will be at least 50% hot peppers. So if you dont want that smoke, get anything else and it will still be nice and spicy in a good way.

ct_hickory_golf t1_j6kya1g wrote

The Bird Code "Code Breaker" sandwich was the first time I had something spicy enough I couldn't finish it.

Edit: I'm now realizing I read the title and not the rest of the post, where you already mentioned Bird Code. Sorry about that!

halfwayhipster2 t1_j6l0591 wrote

I ordered the Sichuan style spicy boiled beef from enchanted Szechuan extra hot once. My whole family was crying. It was amazing

Jelopuddinpop t1_j6l6jvd wrote

Overall it's a shithole, but The Cracker Barrel Pub (not the breakfast place) in East Granby has a wing sauce called "Insane". The cook just makes it with whatever stupid hot peppers he can find that week, so sometimes it's only Habanero and other times it's some Scotch Bonnet that'll blow your o-ring out. Either way, they're amazing, but they can catch you off guard!

curbthemeplays t1_j6l9s64 wrote

Oar and Oak Birdhouse has a good chicken sandwich too.

Anyways. I like spice too. Coromandel makes a wicked vindaloo that’ll melt your face. They are not bashful with spice. If you ask for hot, it’s going to be HOT.

Sherkaan has some really interesting spicy options.

Lao Sze Chuan Milford. Hot pot. They have a few things that are deadly. I’m sure Lin’s Kitchen in Orange too, but I haven’t ordered anything spicy there.

Tibetan Kitchen in New Haven.

Dew Drop Inn’s hottest wings are legit scary.

It’s not super spicy but I appreciate that Mezcal’s mole isn’t wimpy and spiceless. Ay Guey will make your food very spicy if requested.

Munchies has a good spicy chicken sub.

Nolo has a few good spicy pizza options. Next Door has a great buffalo chicken pizza.

Not about the spice necessarily, but Tacos Los Gordos are the best in the state.

York St Noodle House in NHV used to be my go to to clear a sinus infection.

solomons-marbles t1_j6n1d4o wrote

When I order, in a Thai restaurant for example, I say Thai-hot, like your Yay makes it not white-guy hot. If they laugh or say no refunds, you’re good to go.