Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

SnooMemesjellies7469 t1_j6obczh wrote

Reply to comment by Demofied in In Need of a Friend.. by ccorbs89

I can't help with the $$, but you don't need to be in shape for BJJ

Demofied t1_j6obq9l wrote

You do if you don’t want to run out of the building crying like a child because your fatass just embarrassed yourself and you wonder why you can’t be in shape like you for your wedding for your marriage that failed.

−11

crowan83 t1_j6oibas wrote

We get this a lot. Our usual response is that you don’t get in shape to go to the gym. You go to the gym to get in shape. Same with BJJ. You come here to get in shape. We all started out knowing nothing and getting our butts kicked. With time and dedication, you’ll lose weight, learn the art and gain the other benefits we spoke of. Self-confidence, the potential for improved mental health, friendships and camaraderie. If money is an issue I’m willing to offer you a free month of training!

Demofied t1_j6oxs3j wrote

I appreciate your very serious response to my depressing and sarcastic answer. If tried getting into various martial arts in the past. Really it’s social anxiety which prevents me from ever going. I did a year of a gym and got in shape because my friend was going with me teaching me. I really appreciate the offer btw. I’m only mostly broke so I hope you save that for someone who needs it more and is more deserving. The well being of fitness is real. Where about in CT in this if you don’t mind me asking?

BenjTheMaestro t1_j6patgv wrote

You really don’t though. I went in at 220+ You will sweat a lot and get tired, but it’s often things that can be modified. It’s a great way to GET into whatever shape you’re going for. Mostly because it’s fun and makes you use your head.