Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

SneakySnake897 t1_j6gjg5e wrote

Teacher in the area - it’s been hitting my school for the last two weeks. I’m gonna be bombing out the faculty rr a few times tomorrow for sure.

number44is171 t1_j6hnxfs wrote

Please don't go to work around children if you are sick.

−7

[deleted] OP t1_j6ht2n4 wrote

[deleted]

number44is171 t1_j6ht9e1 wrote

I realize this. I have 2 kids and a spouse in a public school system. It shouldn't have to be that way for students or teachers.

SneakySnake897 t1_j6hq62j wrote

Sadly not an option. We have had a million colds this winter/fall. I don’t even know if this one is contagious, because last week I felt lousy too. I’ll wear a mask and keep my distance!

−2

Phantastic_Elastic t1_j6hyj8u wrote

Of course it's an option. It's unethical to go to work in a school when you have a stomach virus

number44is171 t1_j6hqxgh wrote

Can I ask why it's not an option? I don't need detail if it's a personal time off thing. I'm more curious if your school district is putting pressure on you to show up or if there isn't adequate sub coverage in your area. I have 2 teachers in my family hit by this stomach bug and both stayed home because of the ferocity and communicability of the symptoms so I'm figuring your symptoms are very mild or your job is at risk.

SneakySnake897 t1_j6hrizn wrote

Neither. I have small kids so I save my personal days for when they can’t go to school.

−4

Phantastic_Elastic t1_j6hyly5 wrote

Awesome so you go to work sick and pass that misery onto families that might not even get paid time off. That's messed up. Use the fml rules for sick family care if you have to take care of your kids