Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

deceptacle1980 t1_j5p74m2 wrote

So when suburban kids do this garbage it’s because the root cause is poverty, food/housing insecurity? Or is it only the root cause when it is committed by an urban dweller? You don’t think some kids are just piece of shit thieves? That could never be an option?

Nintom64 t1_j5p8szp wrote

The reality is most crime comes from the cities and poorer areas, into more wealthier areas.

deceptacle1980 t1_j5p900a wrote

And your suggestion is to just let it go?

Nintom64 t1_j5pan1l wrote

Lol no and I never said that. My solution is to fund programs and keep these kids OUT of trouble. Can’t punish a crime if no crimes are being committed!

deceptacle1980 t1_j5pbmii wrote

Oh you’re going to end crime? I didn’t know. It’s been such a long time. Thanks. In which branch of Us state government are you in to enact these legislative miracles?

I did a lot of volunteer work in the late 90s/2000s, up until about 2009. I repainted the the Boys and Girls club years ago and other odds and ends when it was behind the North End prison. I worked with PAL. A lot of stuff. Believe me, you’re not ending crime anytime soon. Not by throwing them in jail, not by ignoring it, not by advocating that the criminal is the victim. But remain in your fantasy if that’s what keeps you comfortable

Nintom64 t1_j5pc09e wrote

What a toxic and childish attitude. A better world is possible, but not with an attitude like that!

deceptacle1980 t1_j5pcm4t wrote

You’re demanding others get stolen from and just deal with it for now until we can find a solution that may not even exist. I’d rather protect myself, my family, and the neighborhood kids from you than the criminals jacking cars. They can be rehabilitated or put in a position to learn a lesson, positively or negatively sometimes. Your mentality is far more damaging and dangerous.

−1

Nintom64 t1_j5pd8ss wrote

There we go! You figured it out all on your own. Let’s move towards rehabilitation, rather than punishment 😊 glad you agree.

deceptacle1980 t1_j5pdxx1 wrote

We don’t agree. These kids need punishments for the crimes. They can be “rehabilitated” but not without consequences. You seem to advocating for no consequences. To just let them steal, rob, without the fear of ever facing consequences. Which is far more damaging. There is help for the kids doing this. But not for you.

−1