Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Yum_Kaax t1_j5qj2l8 wrote

I question if this will become a "may allow" or "shall allow" state. Some pharmacists will object on religious grounds and then we have to deal with that mess. I'd like to see this pass with some kind of clause preventing religion to interfere.

SaranghaeHoe t1_j5rgdyl wrote

I was actually going to bring this up. Those who object to birth control due to religious reasons also seem to forget that birth control is used for more than just not getting pregnant

ParsnipPizza2 t1_j5sn4qo wrote

They don't forget, they just don't care. Being able to get pregnant when their god wants you to is more important than health to them.

_343_Guilty_Spark__ t1_j5rezqn wrote

Why remove religion from the equation when we can continue to let the backward teachings of omnipotent entities who have no proof of existence dictate our daily lives?

pittiedaddy t1_j5rtpte wrote

Then maybe they should find other lines of work.

EarthExile t1_j5t0ngj wrote

They should, but those kinds of religious crazies get those jobs specifically for the chance to inflict their silly fake Jesus on people who need goods and services. My driving instructor was one of them. Get a few teenagers in the car away from family and friends, feeling nervous and vulnerable, and then spend that time pounding them with Jesus.

Some religions make you a worse person while making you feel like a good person.

spacemanegg t1_j5s2sj6 wrote

Primary care doctors are currently able to object on religious grounds.